Sunday, April 15, 2018

We are loved more than we can imagine

Greetings:
Sometimes we struggle with a sense of need for spiritual motivation.  Somehow things have not gone quite as we expected. We haven't been able to do just what we determined to do. So we are asking ourselves, "How can I do better? How can I motivate myself really to do what I know I ought to do?"
The answer is to meditate on the vast love of God for each of us.
God has picked us up, cleaned us up and presented us worthy as forgiven sinners when we didn't deserve a thing. God sent his son Jesus to walk among us to die on a cross for the forgiveness of our sins and the sins of all generations in the future. He was the perfect and lasting sacrifice for you and me.
This was done because of God's love for us. Is there a better gesture of love?
Are we feeling sorry for ourselves and our spirit is tired? Have we been regarding worship and prayer as a real task? Many days we simply don’t do it. Have we allowed the world, the flesh or the devil to beat us up and to depress us? The one spiritual medicine to fix all of that is to meditate upon and to contemplate the love of Christ for each of us.
When I reflect on the love of God for each of us, I continue to be in awe and my spirit becomes uplifting. Troubles that I may be facing at the time suddenly seem to be of little importance in light of this awesome truth.
Look at Ephesians 3:18-19 (NLB) to better understand this love. It reads, "And may you have the power to understand, as all God’s people should, how wide, how long, how high, and how deep his love is. May you experience the love of Christ, though it is too great to understand fully. Then you will be made complete with all the fullness of life and power that comes from God."
Think about our highest prayers, desires, thoughts, hopes, and dreams. God is able to do above even those things.
Be blessed.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Pray with expectancy

  Note - For the next several days I will be off the grid with no Internet or phone service. I will resume my morning writings on Monday.  ...