Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Getting real with forgiveness

Greetings:
In recent weeks God has been teaching me much about His goodness and His blessings. He's been showing me what real faith is and what it's not.
Faith is not wearing out your brain trying to come up with all the possible outcomes of a situation. Know God has a plan and he is in control.
Faith is not performing the same mistakes things over and over again and ending up with an outcome you hoped would be different.
It's time to get honest.
I have been timid in my approach to God. For that, I ask forgiveness.
I have been less than the perfect mate. For that, I ask forgiveness.
I have not always happy – even when I should have been beaming with glory for God's goodness and blessings. For that, I ask forgiveness.
I should have been listening to God, hearing his voice and taking direction from Him. For that, I ask forgiveness.
I've been mad at myself when I should be praising God for his many blessings. For that, I ask forgiveness.
God has prompted me to pray and encourage some friends and strangers too, and I failed to do it. For that, I ask forgiveness.
The Apostle Paul gives some great in 2 Corinthians 13:11 (NLT) on how to find our own peace. He writes, "Dear brothers and sisters, I close my letter with these last words: Be joyful. Grow to maturity. Encourage each other. Live in harmony and peace. Then the God of love and peace will be with you."
I will improve.
Be blessed.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Pray with expectancy

  Note - For the next several days I will be off the grid with no Internet or phone service. I will resume my morning writings on Monday.  ...