Saturday, April 14, 2018

Rise and shine

Greetings:
I am what one would call an early riser. I enjoy the first hours in the morning when it's still dark and I can sit and pray and hear the 'tick-tock' sound of the wind-up clock that hangs on our dining room wall.
To me, it's a peaceful time to reflect and ask for God's presence. I can also sit here at my keyboard and rejoice before dawn, knowing God has graciously granted me a new day, a new dawn and the opportunity to serve him.
I remember as a youngster hearing my Mom's voice bellowing up the stairway to my second-floor bedroom,
“Come on Nick, rise and shine!’
I was thinking about her familiar 'rise and shine' greeting this morning and found out through a little study that the phrase‘ rise and shine’, traces its roots back to a passage in Isaiah 60.
Isaiah 60:1 (Amplified Bible) reads: "Arise [from the depression and prostration in which circumstances have kept you—rise to a new life]! Shine (be radiant with the glory of the Lord), for your light, has come, and the glory of the Lord has risen upon you!"
The light shines in the darkness of our own lives and in that light we can see.
When we have Christ in our lives,  we can see ourselves for what we are. We can see the Lord Jesus for who He truly is. We can see the purpose of life.
Let us discover his plans and purposes for this unique hour in which we live so that we can build according to God's ordained plan for each of us.
Be blessed.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Pray with expectancy

  Note - For the next several days I will be off the grid with no Internet or phone service. I will resume my morning writings on Monday.  ...