Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Finding your alone time

Greetings:
There are times when I just need to get alone with God to be refreshed.
My spiritual relief valve or recharge place is to take a drive alone through the beautiful countryside and just look around. The spring season is great. We hear the sound of songbirds, enjoy the smell of fresh flowers and newly-sprouted grasslands.
I've most generally got my camera close at hand and I love to capture images of God's beautiful things. I look for the things we see on many days, but pass by without much thought. Those are the images I like to record and etch into photos for others to enjoy.
I'm blessed to live in an area of southern Indiana  where the work of God's majestic hand is abound.
Look at Psalms 19:1-6 (NLT). It reads: “The heavens proclaim the glory of God. The skies display his craftsmanship. Day after day they continue to speak; night after night they make him known. They speak without a sound or word;  their voice is never heard. Yet their message has gone throughout the earth, and their words to all the world. God has made a home in the heavens for the sun. It bursts forth like a radiant bridegroom after his wedding. It rejoices like a great athlete eager to run the race. The sun rises at one end of the heavens  and follows its course to the other end. Nothing can hide from its heat.”
How can one deny the majesty of God's creation when you simply look around and see all of the splendor and beauty?
For me, it is necessary to slow down and look around and get alone for that prayer time, that time of reflection. I find joy and satisfaction, It's a place for me to know his closeness, to hear his voice and sense His smile.
It's priceless.
Be blessed.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Pray with expectancy

  Note - For the next several days I will be off the grid with no Internet or phone service. I will resume my morning writings on Monday.  ...