Friday, July 6, 2018

God is always ready to help

Greetings:
I love to start the day reading the Psalms.
Many of the Psalms provide me with an instant uplift, a boost in my spirit and gives the the energy to tackle the rest of the day, no matter what I'm facing or whatever darts comes my way.
In Psalm 46 (NIV), we are given confidence that God is with us always. It also says God is a powerful God who is able to do what he says he can do.
The psalm reads, “God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble.
Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea, though its waters roar and foam and the mountains quake with their surging.
There is a river whose streams make glad the city of God, the holy place where the Most High dwells.
God is within her, she will not fall; God will help her at break of day.
Nations are in uproar, kingdoms fall; he lifts his voice, the earth melts.
The Lord Almighty is with us; the God of Jacob is our fortress.
Come and see what the Lord has done, the desolations he has brought on the earth.
He makes wars cease to the ends of the earth.
He breaks the bow and shatters the spear; he burns the shields with fire.
He says, “Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.”
The Lord Almighty is with us; the God of Jacob is our fortress.
Do we actually believe beyond a shadow of a doubt that God is all He says He is?
I take comfort in the reference in the psalm to the The City of God, Zion, whose streams are not intermittent, but ever flowing with grace and favor.
There are rivers of life and joy, supplying all of our needs, bringing life and refreshing.
God is the strength and shield for His church - the born-again believers. Let us understand this and tap into that power and peace.
Be blessed.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Pray with expectancy

  Note - For the next several days I will be off the grid with no Internet or phone service. I will resume my morning writings on Monday.  ...