Thursday, July 12, 2018

Revival starts in the heart, not a tent meeting

Greetings:
Oh Lord, send us revival.
Psalm 85:6-9 (NIV) talks about revival.
It reads: “Will you not revive us again, that your people may rejoice in you? Show us your unfailing love, Lord, and grant us your salvation. I will listen to what God the Lord says;  he promises peace to his people, his faithful servants — but let them not turn to folly. Surely his salvation is near those who fear him, that his glory may dwell in our land."
Revival is a time of cleansing, awakening, repentance, commitment, personal soul-searching and joy.
We should be glad and thankful that God revives us, charges us and inspires us.
Revival is about prayer and having a burden for the lost, the prodigals who have drifted away and the church washing itself in a bath of praise and worship.
In a true revival, Christians are brought under conviction and will turn from sin.
In revival, Christians have their faith renewed and become more equipped to serve their communities in the works of God – saving souls, feeding the hungry, clothing those in need, giving hope to the hopeless.
We get good instruction about revival in 2 Chronicles 7:14-15 (Amplified Bible), which reads: “If My people, who are called by My name, shall humble themselves, pray, seek, crave, and require of necessity My face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven, forgive their sin, and heal their land. Now My eyes will be open and My ears attentive to prayer offered in this place.”
That should make us all shout 'Amen'.
Be blessed.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Pray with expectancy

  Note - For the next several days I will be off the grid with no Internet or phone service. I will resume my morning writings on Monday.  ...