Monday, July 16, 2018

Jesus keeps it simple

Greetings:
On this early morning my thoughts are focused on wanting to do the will of God, but a clear picture of that plan remains kind of vague in my natural mind.
I'm asking God, ‘What do You want me to do God? If you just tell me or show me, I’ll do it.'
God wants us to see his plan through our spiritual eyes, with a heart intent on serving him willfully.
In John 6:28-29 (Amplified Bible), we read about the crowds of people questioning Jesus about doing the works of God.
“They then said, What are we to do, that we may [habitually] be working the works of God? [What are we to do to carry out what God requires?]  Jesus replied, This is the work (service) that God asks of you: that you believe in the One Whom He has sent [that you cleave to, trust, rely on, and have faith in His Messenger].
The answer Jesus gives is so simple – believe in Him!
These words from Jesus remind me that it’s not what we do, it’s who we are and what we believe in our hearts that is important to God.
The Lord has taught me He doesn’t  necessarily need me to work for Him. He wants me to be faithful in the ‘small’ things, to be content and have a serving heart. Above all, we are all called to love each other and exhibit the love that Christ showed to us during his time on earth.
Be blessed.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Pray with expectancy

  Note - For the next several days I will be off the grid with no Internet or phone service. I will resume my morning writings on Monday.  ...