Sunday, July 1, 2018

Plenty of reasons to be thankful

Greetings:
In 1 Thessalonians 5:18, we read that God tells us to always be thankful.
It reads: “Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you who belong to Christ Jesus.”
God redeems us from our mistakes and forgives us of our sins through the shed blood of his son, Jesus Christ. For that, I am thankful.
God breathed life into each of us. For that, I am thankful.
God teaches us wisdom through his Holy Spirit and study. For that, I am thankful.
God promises to bring us through adversity, life's fires, disappointments and our own failures. For that, I am thankful.
God provides us with the divine Word of God - the Bible -  to use as a guide and a source of how to live, and how to treat others. For that, I am thankful.
God has blessed me with a wonderful wife, a loving family, and special friends. For that, I am thankful.
God still heals. For that, I am thankful.
God provides us with our needs, a roof over our heads and daily provisions. For that, I am thankful.
God is there in the good times and the bad, providing encouragement and comfort in the perfect dose in the perfect time, in the perfect way. For that, I am thankful.
God gives us freedom, laughter, and passion. For that, I am thankful.
God gives us life that may not always go according to our ideal, but God has His hand on the wheel so there is no need to be cranky and grumble our way through it all. For that I am thankful.
God provides each of us with unique and special talents. For that, I am thankful.
The list could go on and on, as we each have our own reasons to be thankful.
Giving thanks means to be thankful for your best days and on the worst days, especially the days when your eyes aren't seeing a whole lot to be thankful about.
Let us strive to be thankful for every breath we take every second, every minute, every day of our lives.
God is worthy of our thankful heart, our gratitude, and appreciation.
Be blessed.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Pray with expectancy

  Note - For the next several days I will be off the grid with no Internet or phone service. I will resume my morning writings on Monday.  ...