Wednesday, July 25, 2018

Soak in the morning sounds and sights

Greetings:
I enjoy sitting outside during the early morning hours listening to the sounds of nature and simply watching as the day dawns.
This morning, I am sitting on my deck and listening to a chorus of cardinals, robins and mockingbirds. Some are splashing in the bird bath. Others are having a tasty first meal of the day meal from the feeder.
I hear a woodpecker already busy at work on a nearby tree.
I hear the buzz of small hummingbirds, cicadas and mosquitos.
It's a peaceful time. God blessed us with these morning sounds and scenes each day. It is a good time for us to just be still and know He is God.
Many mornings I like to read in my Bible out of Psalms and Proverbs to get my encouragement and boost my faith.
We do not immediately wake up one day and our faith cup is overflowing. It takes time and prayer to boost our faith to a point where it is not easily shaken.
We know that God has already equipped us with the tools to be successful and he has a plan ordained and set out for each of us. We have the insights, the wisdom and the talents to be all we want to be, but too many times our human thinking gets in the way of powerful spiritual thinking. We try to analyze how God is going to do something and while we are thinking about it, the opportunity many times will pass us by.
We have to learn to see things with eyes of faith.
Hebrews 11:1 (NIV) tells us, "Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see."
We all have to develop faith vision in order to fully tap into the things of God. Faith is not mental delusion, presumption or self-deception, but a work of the Holy Spirit and the Word of God.
In Romans 10:17 (NIV)  we read: "Faith comes by hearing the message, and the message is heard through the word of Christ."
There is only one way to build or boost our faith and that is by reading and learning the Word of God. We must get it deep in our heart and believe it for our faith to blossom.
Be blessed.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Pray with expectancy

  Note - For the next several days I will be off the grid with no Internet or phone service. I will resume my morning writings on Monday.  ...