Tuesday, July 31, 2018

There are no accidents when it comes to life

Greetings:
I believe we all were created on purpose. Nothing was an accident when it comes to our lives. Long before we were ever born, God saw us, knew us, and choose us.
Though we may have some wonderful plans for our own life, it is of utmost importance that we find out The Lord’s purpose for our life.
The word purpose is a noun and in the Merriam-Webster Dictionary it is defined as: “The reason why something is done or used; the aim or intention of something; the feeling of being determined to do or achieve something; the aim or goal of a person; what a person is trying to do, become.”
In Psalm 139:15-16, we read: “My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be”
God had all of our days written out before we were born. None of us were a mistake or an accident. We haven’t been placed on this earth by chance. Where and when we were born, the parents God gave us, our personality, and everything else about us was orchestrated by God for a specific purpose.
That is a comforting truth to me, a 65 year old adoptee, who has recently connected with my birth mother in a beautiful and miraculous way. God orchestrated it and I am grateful beyond words. Hearing her voice on the phone for the first time about three weeks ago is a moment I will forever cherish.
Her first words were, "Hello, I'm your mother."
That ended a 30 year search.
My Mom and I have talked about this purpose and she affirmed in my heart that God does not make accidents. Nothing just happens. There is a reason and purpose for each life created.
I thank her and God sincerely for the gift of my life.
We all need to talk to The Lord about our individual purpose. God wants us to discover our purpose even more than we do. Our purpose isn’t just about us. It’s about what God wants to do through us. It’s about touching and impacting the lives of others.
Be blessed.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Pray with expectancy

  Note - For the next several days I will be off the grid with no Internet or phone service. I will resume my morning writings on Monday.  ...