Thursday, May 3, 2018

Works won't get you in

Greetings:
We don’t need to do good things in order to earn eternal life with God.  We don’t need to perform certain rituals or keep certain laws in order to get into heaven. 
Jesus already did that for us with his perfect life and his atoning sacrifice for our sins.
God has been pouring out his grace upon us since the very beginning of time.
God was caring for us even before he created Adam and Eve. 
In Genesis 1:26 we read that the entire world was created for the good of mankind, the crown of his creation.
After Adam and Eve sinned against God, he didn’t get rid of the world and start over again saying he must have messed up. No, he promised to send us a Savior to fix everything.
It's a fact that God cares for each and every one of us even before we came into the world.
King David proclaimed to God in Psalm 139:13-16 (NLT): “You made all the delicate, inner parts of my body and knit me together in my mother’s womb.
Thank you for making me so wonderfully complex! Your workmanship is marvelous—how well I know it.
You watched me as I was being formed in utter seclusion, as I was woven together in the dark of the womb.
You saw me before I was born.  Every day of my life was recorded in your book. Every moment was laid out before a single day had passed.”
A person doesn’t get to heaven by doing good things or being viewed by the world as a "good person.
God looks at our record and sees no crimes, no sin because Jesus put all of that on his record.  Because of Jesus’ atonement, God looks at us and sees what Jesus did, not what we did.
God has declared us innocent and forgiven because of our personal relationship with him when we accepted our salvation.
Continue to do the good works for which we have all be called in our personal ministry to do, but know they are not what will get us to heaven.
Be blessed.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Pray with expectancy

  Note - For the next several days I will be off the grid with no Internet or phone service. I will resume my morning writings on Monday.  ...