Thursday, May 10, 2018

Be encouraged, even on the tough days

Greetings:
One of the things many of us struggle with in our walk is being consistently encouraged and upbeat every day.
That remains the goal, but there are times when negative thoughts and doubt creeps into our minds.
When my bones ache, when I'm tired, when my billfold gets thin and the demands are thick, when I'm overwhelmed with too many tasks on my 'to-do list', those are the days when it's difficult to put on a smile.
Those are the days when it's tough be see the sunshine because in real life it's raining – maybe even storming.
Like many others, I sometimes see the glass half-empty, rather than half-full.
Because of my news reporting background, I might have a touch of cynicism in the way I look at things that happen around me. I'm skeptical by nature. I'm analytical. I like to have an agenda, know the details and 'I want to know the 'game plan'.
But that is where knowing the Word of God and being prayed up is important.
Those people who have made God the center point of their lives do have victory and eternal salvation. We have victory, regardless of what the earth says to us, shows to us or does to us.
This is not accomplished by anything we have done, deserved or earned. It was done by the shed blood of Jesus on the cross.
This makes us heirs to the inheritance and forgiven though God's mercy, grace and his unending agape love for each and every individual.
That's pretty simple logic.
That is God's game plan.
Be encouraged and not discouraged and always remember there is hope if you have the faith to believe it.
Be blessed.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Pray with expectancy

  Note - For the next several days I will be off the grid with no Internet or phone service. I will resume my morning writings on Monday.  ...