Tuesday, May 1, 2018

God's ways are higher

Greetings:
The mysteries of the way God works are just that. They are a mystery to us, but a mystery worth looking into or investigating through studying his Holy Word.
I wish I could understand why one person suffers and the next one doesn't.
I wish I could understand why some people never seem to get sick and others are sick all the time.
I wish I could understand why one person prays and is healed on the spot and the next one prays and gets sicker and even dies.
For whatever his reasons, God has chosen to keep many things a mystery to us.
I guess some things of God are simply on a 'need to know' basis.
In Proverbs 3:5 (NIV), it says, “Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths.”
I like the words of Proverbs 3:4-5 in the Living Bible, which reads: “If you want favor with both God and man, and a reputation for good judgment and common sense, then trust the Lord completely; don’t ever trust yourself.”
Until we know the answers, we need to keep looking, praying and asking for God's wisdom and discernment.
We have to believe beyond our ability to understand how our problems can be solved.
There is nothing about us that is a mystery to God.
The mystery comes in us understanding what and how God thinks about us and our situations.
I take comfort in the words of Psalm 37:4-7 (NIV), which says, “Trust in the Lord and do good; dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture. Take delight in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart. Commit your way to the Lord; trust in him and he will do this: He will make your righteous reward shine like the dawn,  your vindication like the noonday sun. Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for him.”
Be blessed.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Pray with expectancy

  Note - For the next several days I will be off the grid with no Internet or phone service. I will resume my morning writings on Monday.  ...