Sunday, May 27, 2018

Make some God-time in our busy schedules

Greetings:
One of my favorite scriptures is Proverbs 3:5 (NIV), "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding."
Wow, don't you know that is much easier said than actually done. But God is showing more and more each day to truly trust him. I'm not totally there yet, because I find myself saying, "God, I trust you and know what your Word says, but you just don't understand and know my particular situation?"
We need to realize that we are made in God's image and possess the mind of Christ. Therefore, we need to speak with faith. What we think and then say is important in seeing our prayers answered.
When we come to Christ and accept him as our personal Savior, then the promises of God's Word are alive in each of us. We have the power and the ability to walk in victory as God views it. This is key to understanding how our Christian walk will pan out for each of us.
God loves us as his own son, Jesus Christ.
Let us learn God's Word and get it deeply rooted in our hearts.
Most importantly, we need to make time for God in our busy lives. Making time means to have a regular prayer time where we can communicate and commune in His presence. This is a time of study, reflection, praise, worship, thanksgiving, and listening. The listening part is so important.
Prayer time is not simply a time to request things from God. We need to have our heart and mind in tune with what God is telling us and showing us.
Summing it up, let me say we seem to find time for most other things in our hectic lives, please leave so some time for God.
Be blessed.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Pray with expectancy

  Note - For the next several days I will be off the grid with no Internet or phone service. I will resume my morning writings on Monday.  ...