Sunday, June 17, 2018

Thankful for the 'Fathers' in my life

Greetings:
Happy Father's Day to all of my fellow Dads.
Personally, one of the greatest joys in my life has been being a Father to two amazing and special daughters, Nicole Byrd and Stacey Brown. I love you both more than words can describe. You both are shining lights and inspiration in my life. I am so proud of you both.
To my wife, Sharon, thank you for giving me the pleasure and opportunity of becoming a Father not once, but twice. Thank you for being the strong beacon of hope and love that you are. Your love to me by your actions is humbling and I am gracious.
To my adopted Dad, Francis 'Bunker' Schneider, who is in heaven, thank you for loving me enough to adopt me into a wonderful family and give me a life that has been blessed in so many ways.
To my Father-in-law, Merle Harpenau, thank you for accepting me into your family and showing me kindness and love as a father that I never had. You are a special man who let's actions speak louder than your words.
To my son-in-laws, Jeremy Byrd and Troy Brown, Happy Father's Day and thank you for being wonderful, kind and loving fathers to my five grandchildren and special husbands to my two daughters. It's a pleasure to have you both a part of our family.
To God, I want to say thank you for being the ultimate Father. I thank you for your love, mercy, grace and guiding hand on my life and the lives of my family members. It's an honor to call you Father each and every day.
Finally, I wish a Happy Father's Day to my biological father, wherever you are. We have yet to meet and there is a good chance you have already passed on from this earthly journey, but my search for you continues. I am inching toward finding who you are. I am close to discovering the truth. Thank you for helping to give me life.
Be blessed.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Pray with expectancy

  Note - For the next several days I will be off the grid with no Internet or phone service. I will resume my morning writings on Monday.  ...