Wednesday, June 6, 2018

Find your quiet place

Greetings:
Spending quiet time in the Lord's presence is necessary to promote personal spiritual growth. It is as we wait upon God that we receive a renewed power, faith and strength.
Psalm 46:10 affirms the need to find our own quiet place. The scripture, one of my favorites , reads in the Amplified Bible: "Be still and know (recognize and understand) that I am God. I will be exalted among the nations! I will be exalted in the earth!"
In my own personal interpretation, this psalm means, "Stop, shut up and listen what God has to say to you."
We might spend a few minutes in prayer telling God what we want or what we want him to do for us. But prayer involves our taking the time to listen what God has to say to us.
Psalm 46:10 provides the scriptural basis for our prayer time in our own personal 'war room'.
Each of us must find a special quiet place where we can shut out the cares of this world and get alone with God. Each day, we need to come to our "set apart place" to worship, acknowledge His goodness and grace concerning us, thank the Lord for His guidance and blessing upon our lives just listen. From personal experience, I can say this helps.
Be blessed.
My new book "Faith Now" is available on Amazon and Kindle Unlimited. Just search by the  book title or by my name, Nick J. Schneider. Your support is much appreciated. My daily writings are also posted on Twitter, Tumblr, Google+, Pintrest and Instagram.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Pray with expectancy

  Note - For the next several days I will be off the grid with no Internet or phone service. I will resume my morning writings on Monday.  ...