Wednesday, June 20, 2018

Lay it down and don't pick it back up

Greeting:
Too many times we want to hang on to the 'me' in a situation and not let our trust rest with God.
We want to put God in control, but we won't leave it all at the altar.
We either won't put it all on the altar or we'll pick it up before God's moved.
I'll admit letting go for me is no easy task.
I like to be in control and I am learning to trust God for things that are beyond my control.
I am constantly reminded that I serve God best when I'm stepping aside in obedience and watching God work. It's then that I realize that God really is in control.
In Psalm 50:15 in the Amplified Bible it reads: “And call on Me in the day of trouble; I will deliver you, and you shall honor and glorify Me.”
This morning, I ask you to join me in asking God to help us to be able to get out of the way and let go and let God work in our lives.
Letting go is not giving up.
Giving up is quitting.
That's not what I'm talking about.
Letting go is allowing God to direct our paths and next move.
Letting go puts God in charge.
Letting go releases the power of God's Word to remedy the situation based on scripture.
It all comes down to is this: We need to let go of our own will. We must claim as our own the difficult prayer that Jesus prayed in Luke 22:42: “Father, if you are willing, take this cup from me; yet not my will, but Yours be done.”
Be blessed.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Pray with expectancy

  Note - For the next several days I will be off the grid with no Internet or phone service. I will resume my morning writings on Monday.  ...