Monday, March 5, 2018

Pleasing in the eyes of The Lord

Greetings:
During this Lenten season, I ask God to show each of us how to better walk on the right path and make the decisions that are pleasing to Him.
I am guided to Psalms 139 and the words seem to jump off the page and speak to me.
There are times that we, like King David, are troubled and it seems the whole world and everyone in it have turned against us. They talk about us. They plot evil against us. They want to see us fall. They set hidden traps along the way for us to trip up and fail.
Each day let us examine our hearts and cast out all that is not of God. Let's put our selfish nature aside and focus on those things that are pleasing in the sight of God.
In Psalm 139:23 (New Living Translation ), we read:
"Search me, O God, and know my heart! Try me and know my thoughts!"
That's a beautiful prayer for each of us to consider. We must invite God to examine our actions and our thoughts.
Do we miss it and mess up at times? Yes, we do, but God is there in those times of shortcomings to lift us, guide us and help us to make right out of a wrong situation if we heed to the instruction of His Word, which tells us to repent and then move on.
Too many time, we like to linger around and beat ourselves up for the days when we've missed it, instead of looking ahead to what God has in store for us.
Remember we are never alone, even when it feels like it. God's Word says he's there with us. All we have to do is trust him and walk in faith.
Be blessed.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Pray with expectancy

  Note - For the next several days I will be off the grid with no Internet or phone service. I will resume my morning writings on Monday.  ...