Saturday, March 17, 2018

Have hope always in Christ

Greetings:
On those dark days and dark seasons that we sometimes have to walk through, Jesus Christ provides us hope and shines light onto our path.
During the dark days, I am reminded of the words in Isaiah 50:10 (NIV), which reads: "Who among you fears The Lord and obeys the world of his servant? Let him who walks in the dark, which has no light, trust in the name of The Lord and rely on his God."
Ephesians 5:8-10 tells us, "For you were once darkness, but now you are light in The Lord. Live as children of light (for the fruit of the light consists in all goodness, righteousness and truth and find out what pleases The Lord."
I am encouraged by the words in Micah 7:8-9, which says, "Do not gloat over me my enemy! Though I have fallen, I will rise. Though I sit in darkness, The Lord will be my light."
I look to the Psalms and find more hope and encouragement.
Psalm 34:17-20 says, "The righteous cry out, and The Lord hears them; He delivers them from all their troubles. The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit. A righteous man may have many troubles, but The Lord delivers him from them all; he protects all of his bones, not one of them will be broken."
If we have Christ, the Son of God as our Savior, then the day is really not that dark at all. By faith, we see the sun rising on the horizon and brighter days are not far away.
Be blessed.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Pray with expectancy

  Note - For the next several days I will be off the grid with no Internet or phone service. I will resume my morning writings on Monday.  ...