Friday, August 11, 2017

Staying charged up with God

Greetings:
So many times I pray for God to strengthen me. Over and over I call out to him to make me stronger, but I still fail, and fail and fail.
But I keep praying, God strengthen me.
Does that sound like something you have prayed?
Then it hits me between the eyes and my eyes are opened.
I’m praying for the wrong thing. Instead of asking for God to strengthen me, I need to be praying for God to be my strength, the source of my power, my faith.
Look at 2 Corinthians 12:9-10 NLT and you'll get a better perspective of what I mean from the words of Paul.
He writes: “Each time he said, 'My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness.' So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ can work through me. That’s why I take pleasure in my weaknesses, and in the insults, hardships, persecutions, and troubles that I suffer for Christ. For when I am weak, then I am strong.”
God's  power is made perfect in our weakness.
That means instead of asking God to remove the things that plague me – my  pride, my laziness, my fears of may things in life maybe all this time I should have been praying for God to be my strength in all these things.
We need to stop asking for Him to make us different than we am. Stop trying to be something we am not. Stop pleading for Him to take away all of our  “thorns”.
We have had it all backwards.
We need to understand we are insufficient, but His grace is sufficient.
We are weak and God's power is made perfect in that weakness.
We want to hide our problems, fix them and then celebrate our victories. Instead, we need to boast gladly of our weakness.
Trying to make ourselves spiritually strong only leads to fatigue, frustration and doubt, yet Christ’s unending power rests in us.
God's power and strength never grows dim and never needs recharged. We do.
Sometimes the strongest among us are the ones who smile through silent pain, cry behind closed doors, and fight battles that nobody knows about.
They draw their strength from a super-strong God that we serve.
In Deuteronomy 31:6 we read that God goes ahead of us in our time of trouble to prepare the path.
It is written: “So be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid and do not panic before them. For the Lord your God will personally go ahead of you. He will neither fail you nor abandon you.”
Understand that I am discontent with my own weaknesses and difficulties, but I can choose to have contentment knowing God has a plan for it all. God's strength shines in my times of being weak. He gets the glory and praise for my life victories.
Let us engrave Philippians 4:13 (NLT) in our hearts – “For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength.”
Lord I pray, keep me weak, so that You might be my strength.
Be blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pray with expectancy

  Note - For the next several days I will be off the grid with no Internet or phone service. I will resume my morning writings on Monday.  ...