Sunday, August 27, 2017

What we say does matter

Greetings:
The way we think does matter in our Christian walk.
What we choose to think about and dwell on in our lives will make or break you as to what type of person you will end up becoming and how you are able to serve God.You know it doesn't even have to be a major, catastrophic event to send us back to the land of negative thinking. 
It can be something as simple as someone cutting us off in traffic or pushing ahead of us in checkout line at Walmart.What gives those seemingly simple occurrences of every day life so much power to literally throw us into a tizzy all over again?
Evangelist/teacher Joyce Meyer in her book, “Battle Field of the Mind” tells us not to entertain negative thoughts like: "If I don't expect anything good to happen, I won't be disappointed if it doesn't." She says, “These thoughts are obstacles in your mind, and simply recognizing them will pave the way to your freedom. As Christians, we need to learn to fight for our thoughts, because our minds don't automatically come into agreement with God's plans.”
Have you voiced negative things about yourself, like:
• I never do anything right.
• I'll never change.
• I'm ugly.
• I'm fat.
• I'm dumb.
• Who could ever love me?
Are you afraid to believe anything good might happen because of past disappointments or shortcomings
Matthew 12:37, says, “The words you say will either acquit you or condemn you.”In Proverbs 23:7 (NKJ) we see where it says, “For as he thinks in his heart, so is he.”That tells me it is important how and what we think
Before I became a Christian, I didn't understand this way of thinking and at times even despised those “happy people” who were thinking that way.That's changed.I now see the people who are not happy and fulfilled, and who are always pessimistic and depressed all the time, and have negative attitudes towards anybody and anything, are all choosing to think and dwell on the negative side of life.I choose now to see the glass half-full, instead of half empty.
In everyday life, I choose to look something as simple as a weather forecast a little differently.The weatherman might say there is a 30 percent chance of rain today, but really he ought to be saying there is a 70 percent chance that it won't rain today.It's all in the way we think.Call on the Holy Spirit is to be the Master Surgeon of your mind. 
Ask God through the Holy Spirit to take out what He does not want to be operating in your mind and thought process, and put in what He does want to be operating in it.The truth is, God doesn’t work in us through negative attitudes full of self-pity, laziness, passivity or an “everybody owes me” perspective.God works through faith. But before we can have faith, we have to have hope. Hope comes from the way we think and view our next step.
Focus your mind and thoughts on the things of God to boost your faith and get rid of what Joyce Meyer calls that 'stinkin thinkin'.
Be blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pray with expectancy

  Note - For the next several days I will be off the grid with no Internet or phone service. I will resume my morning writings on Monday.  ...