Tuesday, December 17, 2013

'Fear not'

Greetings:
This morning my mind is drawn to consider the things we fear.
Most of us want to act brave and gallant, but within we have something that we fear.
The things that we fear are as many and varied as we can possibly imagine.
Some fears that are more observable.
My most tormenting fears are snakes, being in high places, speaking before large crowds and fear of failure.
Other individuals are equally afraid of such things as growing old, moving to a new house, getting married, not getting married, finances, being alone, facing the unknown and the fear of dying.
While our fears may be different, the answer is always the same.
All of the situations of life have a common answer –– the strength and presence of the Lord.
Isaiah 41:10 (Amplified Bible) reads: “Fear not [there is nothing to fear], for I am with you; do not look around you in terror and be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen and harden you to difficulties, yes, I will help you; yes, I will hold you up and retain you with My [victorious] right hand of rightness and justice.”
Why does the Scripture tells us we do not need to fear? Because God is always with us.
One of the devastating aspects of fear is it causes us to be frozen into inactivity.
Satan –– the enemy of our souls –– loves to fill us with fear for he knows if we are consumed with fear, we are incapable of doing the things the Lord desires for us to do.
God delights in bringing his power into the impossible situations of life and showing that his power is sufficient for our needs and able to conquer any of our fear demons.
Through God and the shed blood of his son, Jesus, we do have the power to overcome our greatest fears.
No one is perfect, and God knows this. That is why he has sprinkled encouragement against fear throughout the Bible. Beginning in the book of Genesis and continuing throughout the book of Revelation, God reminds us to “Fear not.”

These morning messages are now available by email. Simply write me with you email address at schneider.nick@gmail.com, and I'll be happy to forward them to your in-box.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pray with expectancy

  Note - For the next several days I will be off the grid with no Internet or phone service. I will resume my morning writings on Monday.  ...