Friday, December 13, 2013

The birth of Christ is reason to celebrate

God painted this beautiful winter sky last evening, east of my homestead in southern Indiana. Thank you Lord, for this gift.
Greetings:
As the birthday of Jesus Christ approaches in a few more days I am reminded that this is a very holy and sacred day.
The birth of the Christ child was the beginning  act that bridged the gap so believers can have salvation – which followed his death on the cross.
Yes, we can carry on the tradition of giving and the receiving of gifts, but let us never lose focus of the real reason for the season – Jesus Christ.
It is a true celebration.
As we gather with family and friends, let us not lose focus of this fact.
In Isaiah 9:6-7 (Amplified Bible) we read: “For to us a Child is born, to us a Son is given; and the government shall be upon His shoulder, and His name shall be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father [of Eternity], Prince of Peace. Of the increase of His government and of peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David and over his kingdom, to establish it and to uphold it with justice and with righteousness from the [latter] time forth, even forevermore. The zeal of the Lord of hosts will perform this.”
The prophesy came true. A child was born near the tiny town of Bethlehem.
In Luke 2:8-12 we read: “And in that vicinity there were shepherds living [out under the open sky] in the field, watching [in shifts] over their flock by night.
And behold, an angel of the Lord stood by them, and the glory of the Lord flashed and shone all about them, and they were terribly frightened.
But the angel said to them, Do not be afraid; for behold, I bring you good news of a great joy which will come to all the people.
For to you is born this day in the town of David a Savior, Who is Christ (the Messiah) the Lord!
And this will be a sign for you [by which you will recognize Him]: you will find after searching] a Baby wrapped in swaddling clothes and lying in a manger.”

That is the story we ought to be reading to our children and grandchildren on Christmas Eve.
Let them know the reason for all of this tinsel, garland, finely decorated and lighted trees.
Let them know that Christmas is a celebration of the birth of Christ and the reason for the exchange of gifts, the family gatherings, the cookies and other good food, the hugs and the love shown in agape fashion.
Christ is the reason we celebrate.
Christ is the reason we are forgiven, redeemed and able to walk on holy ground.
Every time we go to our secret closet, our prayer should be: "Lord, I have no plea but Christ. I have nothing to bring to you - no good works, no gifts, no sacrificial offerings, no holiness of my own. I come to you only because I am in Christ. And I claim his holiness. I know I stand before you un-condemned, because I am in him!"

These morning messages are now available by email. Simply write me with you email address at schneider.nick@gmail.com, and I'll be happy to forward them to your in-box. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pray with expectancy

  Note - For the next several days I will be off the grid with no Internet or phone service. I will resume my morning writings on Monday.  ...