Tuesday, September 18, 2018

When we are weak, God remains strong

  Greetings:
  As Christians we can have peace and comfort knowing that God's grace furnishes to us what is lacking in our lives because of personal weakness.
  Knowing Christ fills our inadequacy is a great source of encouragement to me. We know that Christ is equal to any task we face. Knowing that God is not asking us to do anything that He is not willing to accomplish through us is our greatest source of encouragement.
  I think that this was the comfort that the Apostle Paul received in times of trouble. Paul gives us a new look of our own weaknesses. The ability to accomplish God’s tasks does not rely on our adequacy, but on God's sufficiency.
  Look at 1 Corinthians 12:1-10 (NIV). It tells the story of Paul's vision and his thorn. He concludes by saying, "Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong."
  Our world boasts of its strengths and diminishes its weakness. Paul boasted of his weaknesses and diminished his strengths. God gave Paul a balanced life by putting him in touch with his own weaknesses. God allowed the messenger of Satan to torment Paul by giving him a thorn in the flesh.
  God wants to reveal his power over the circumstances. God gives us our circumstances to make us dependent upon the One who is the master of every circumstance.
  Knowing our own strength is good. Recognizing our own weakness is even better.
  Paul had to look beyond himself for the strength to endure. We are totally dependent upon the sustaining power of God. Most resumes dwell on the applicant's strengths, but Paul dwelt on his weaknesses.
  We can do the same thing.
  Be blessed.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Pray with expectancy

  Note - For the next several days I will be off the grid with no Internet or phone service. I will resume my morning writings on Monday.  ...