Sunday, September 2, 2018

Soak up God's grace

Greetings:
We cannot understand Christianity apart from a grasp of grace. The doctrine of grace distinguishes the Christian faith from every other religion and cults around the world.
By Christian definition, grace is God’s unmerited favor. It means we receive something we did not earn or even deserve. We did nothing to get grace. It is a free gift to believers.
In Christianity we have redemption through the shed blood of Jesus Christ, as well as the forgiveness of our trespasses (sins), according to the riches of His grace.
In 2 Corinthians 12:9-10 (NIV), we read: “But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness. Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.”
Grace works within the believer in such a way as to bring spiritual growth, maturity, and progress in our process of becoming Christ-like.
In Ephesians 1:7 we read, “In Him we have redemption through the blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace.”
It’s almost a shame that a word like grace, which is used for a quick prayer before a meal, is the same word we use to describe God’s unfathomable love for us as sinners.
God's amazing grace can be dumbfounding through our carnal eyes. But if we look thought our spiritual eyes it all comes into focus and we can see it, feel it and understand it.
Be blessed.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Pray with expectancy

  Note - For the next several days I will be off the grid with no Internet or phone service. I will resume my morning writings on Monday.  ...