Thursday, January 16, 2014

Let's pray

Greetings:
How many of you know it is always wise to think twice before telling somebody, “I know how you feel.”
Chances are, you don't really know.
Even if you've been through almost the exact same circumstances as the person in question, every human is designed with a different mind and different emotions, and telling somebody that you completely understand what they're going through likely will not be a comfort.
Instead, try saying a simple prayer with that person asking for God's comfort and strength- not offering your own reasons for the circumstances or how they can be overcome.
God is the ultimate Comforter, and very often it's best for us to simply point the hurting to Him in prayer.
This morning let's look at Romans 12:15 (AMP). It's an interesting verse.
It reads: “Rejoice with those who rejoice [sharing others’ joy], and weep with those who weep [sharing others’ grief].”
“Rejoice with those who rejoice,” doesn't raise many questions.
Simply put, don't be raining on people's parades. When your friend is excited, be excited with him! As your fellowship with the family of believers grows stronger, this mentality will bind your emotions to those of your brothers and sisters.
 A family rejoices and weeps together, and a family is exactly what you and I are a part of in the body of Christ.
Our challenge is not to relate to our brothers and sisters, but to love them.
When they're happy, be happy with them and for them. When they're hurting, point them to God the Healer. Don't just give advice or say you'll pray for them.
Give them  assurance of your love and of God's love and actually pray for them.
I can tell you that when somebody says, “I've been praying for you,” it  carries more weight than when I hear, “I will pray for you.”
Even better is when somebody says, “Let's pray”.
These morning messages are now available by email. Simply write me with you email address at schneider.nick@gmail.com, and I'll be happy to forward them to your in-box. Also, all of the photos in my blog are for sale. Contact me for pricing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pray with expectancy

  Note - For the next several days I will be off the grid with no Internet or phone service. I will resume my morning writings on Monday.  ...