Saturday, January 18, 2014

God refreshes the weary soul

Beaming warm thoughts on this cold southern Indiana morning from this southern California oceanfront where I visited last April. The sunshine would sure feel good today.
Greetings:
The past month or so has been very difficult for me. Some of life's circumstances have provided me an opportunity for immense growth and I'll be very, very honest...I've been a bit of a coward about it all.
I have been timid in my approach to God. For that, I ask forgiveness.
I have been less than the perfect mate. For that, I ask forgiveness.
I have been not always happy – even when I should have been beaming with glory for God's goodness and blessings. For that, I ask forgiveness.
I've probably been thinking too much, over analyzing things, trying to get a game plan for my life lined up, when instead, I should have been listening to God, hearing his voice and taking direction from him. For that, I ask forgiveness.
I've been mad at myself when I should be praising God for his many blessings. For that, I ask forgiveness.
Lately, God's been hitting me practically over the head with his Truth, with gentle admonitions, with loving chastisement.
Yesterday evening, I was at a particularly low point spiritually and I received a telephone call from a friend, who thankfully was obedient after listening to God.
He told me that he was calling to pray and not to pry, but God had placed me on his heart.
 but one thing he said hit me,. He said , “Nick, God loves you and he has got a solution.”
He encouraged me to bring my troubles to the altar, lay them down, and move on in praise.
I needed to hear that because Satan had been working overtime on me, reminding me of my past failures and shortcomings, and mocking me for wanting to proclaim the Word of God in the only way I really know how ––by hammering out words, sentences and paragraphs on my keyboard.
I am thankful for friends who pray, hear and respond when God prompts them.
The words were what I needed to hear at that time.
I ask for forgiveness for times when God has prompted me to pray and encourage some of my friends, and I failed to do it.
I will improve.
I'm learning that His sovereign plan is the best plan, that whatever I entrust to him he can take care of better than I.
Although things have been dark in my soul, God's gracious, victorious  and tender light has been penetrating within me. He has been teaching me about using the gift of faith.
How many of you have tried to bargain with God...as in, praying to "get something out of him".
I hate that feeling. It's slimy. Despicable.
All of this thinking and pondering has made me weary and tired.
Have you ever worn yours with worry, strife, and grasping for control?
I realize that delving into God's word is a pleasant and soul-cleansing.
In Jeremiah 31:25 (AMP) it says, “For I will [fully] satisfy the weary soul, and I will replenish every languishing and sorrowful person.”
Isn't that beautiful? To know that God will refresh us when we're tired and exhausted from our own efforts at trying to figure the world and our circumstances out?
God has been teaching me much about His goodness and His blessings. He's been showing me what real faith is and what it's not. It's not wearing out your brain coming up with all the possible outcomes of a situation. It's not performing the same things over and over again hoping for a different result. It's simply, letting go.  It is focusing on all the rich, sacred words in his scriptures. Emulating the saints by praying, murmuring heart-words from my lips and trusting God.
Be blessed today.
These morning messages are now available by email. Simply write me with you email address at schneider.nick@gmail.com, and I'll be happy to forward them to your in-box. Also, all of the photos in my blog are for sale. Contact me for pricing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pray with expectancy

  Note - For the next several days I will be off the grid with no Internet or phone service. I will resume my morning writings on Monday.  ...