Thursday, January 2, 2014

Teach me

Greetings:
Psalm 143:10 is an uplifting verse that is actually a desperate cry for help.
The verse bears some mediation.
It reads, “Teach me to do Your will, for You are my God; let Your good Spirit lead me into a level country and into the land of uprightness”, in the Amplified Bible.
“Teach me to do Your will” – that's seems simple, but it is difficult thing to do.
How childlike -- "teach me"!
How practical "Teach me to do"!
How undivided in obedience -- "to do Your will.
The verse's object is holiness, its spirit is that of hearty loyalty.
When our heart can sincerely call Jehovah "my God", then understanding is ready to learn of him, the will is prepared to obey him, the whole man is eager to please him.
God is all spirit and all good. His essence is goodness, kindness, holiness: it is his nature to do good.
Learning to do anything new is often hard. I remember learning to ride my bike for the first time. It was hard, and so was the ground that I often fell on when the training wheels were removed..
 However, the reward was good.
On those days that aren't so great, God must have a new bike ready for us to learn how to ride.
Psalm 143 is a cry for help.  David is desperate for God to rescue him.  And in the middle of all his cries for help, David asks God, “Teach me to do your will, for you are my God.”  David knows God is in control, and the best way to learn His will is to go through and not around the storm.
Are you ready for God to use any circumstance in your life to teach you to do His will?  Today choose to see difficulties as opportunities to learn how to obey the will of God.
Peace and blessings to you as you go forth and know that God is in control. Be open to hear his voice and truly learn to do His will.

These morning messages are now available by email. Simply write me with you email address at schneider.nick@gmail.com, and I'll be happy to forward them to your in-box.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pray with expectancy

  Note - For the next several days I will be off the grid with no Internet or phone service. I will resume my morning writings on Monday.  ...