Sunday, January 19, 2014

Go with the flow

Greetings:
I am reminded this morning that in life many times we should probably learn to 'go with the flow'  more and stop being concerned and anxious about things that might never happen.
In our Christian walk, if we truly trust God, a back-up plan is probably not needed.
How many of you get upset in heavy traffic?
What good does it do to rant and rave in that situation?
Sometimes we just can't control the flow or the things around us. They just happen.
The good Lords is still working on me.
I'm a 'everything planned out want to know the agenda' type of person, so going with the flow is a bit of a challenge for me  and rubs against the grain of my personality.
My family will affirm this. I want to know 'the plan' in advance and I try too much to stick to the plan. When we don't go with the plan, that is most of the time upsetting to me.
I can confess, God's not done with me yet in this area of my life.
I and others need to remember the words in 1 Thessalonians 3:7 in the Amplified Bible, which reads: “Brethren, for this reason, in [spite of all] our stress and crushing difficulties we have been filled with comfort and cheer about you [because of] your faith (the leaning of your whole personality on God in complete trust and confidence).”
When we trust and believe God, we are looking through the Eyes of our Spirit and not our carnal or sense ruled mind.
In Matthew 22:37-38 Jesus said, "You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind. This is the first and great commandment."
 God is love.  And when we are walking in his love you are in his presence.  When we are walking in strife we are out of his presence and love and power. 
James 3:16 confirms this when it states:  "For where envy and self-seeking exist, confusion and every evil thing are there." 
A presence filled with the love of God is a atmosphere for God Almighty's power to flow through  us freely. God is telling us that life will always be stressful if we try to keep a hand on it, try to re-arrange it or try to fix it to fit into our schedule and our plan.
Instead, we must strive to just 'go with the flow'  more and really listen in prayer and then trust God's plan.
Be blessed.
These morning messages are now available by email. Simply write me with you email address at schneider.nick@gmail.com, and I'll be happy to forward them to your in-box. Also, all of the photos in my blog are for sale. Contact me for pricing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pray with expectancy

  Note - For the next several days I will be off the grid with no Internet or phone service. I will resume my morning writings on Monday.  ...