Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Overcome fear with the Word

Greetings:
The Lord slowed me down yesterday and I had a lot of time to think and pray. God showed me about fear.
For me, I have a fear of snakes or any critters that crawl on their bellies, high places and driving at very fast speeds.
I also fear dark, confined places like caves
On a very personal level, I have a fear of failure, but God is showing me my fears are simply a lack of faith.
As I laid in bed yesterday recovering from some kind of a flu bug, the message I kept hearing in my spirit was “There is no reason to fear. There is no reason to fear. There is no reason to fear.”
I was assured that God is bigger than any of the fears that can come into my mind and my soul and spirit are guarded if I speak the Word.
Former U.S. President Franklin D. Roosevelt assured people as the nation approached World War II by saying, "The only thing we have to fear is fear itself."
The Bible makes an even bolder promise: We have nothing to fear, period.
This doesn't mean our lives will be trouble-free -- far from it. But the message of God's Word is that fear -- of enemies, of the future, of failure, whatever -- need not dominate our lives and paralyze us.
Psalm 23:4-6 (New Living Translation) says,
“Even when I walk through the darkest valley,
I will not be afraid, for you are close beside me.
Your rod and your staff protect and comfort me.
You prepare a feast for me in the presence of my enemies.
You honor me by anointing my head with oil.
My cup overflows with blessings.
Surely your goodness and unfailing love will pursue me all the days of my life, and I will live in the house of the Lord forever.”

Fear is a very powerful emotion and can have a negative effect on our spirit, soul, and body. We all have things that we are afraid of, and life provides us with plenty of things to worry about.
Joyce Meyer writes, “Listen to me on this: Everyone experiences fear. There are big fears that we’re very aware of and little ones that we may not even realize we have. Fear is a tool the devil uses to make us miserable and destroy our lives. Because it’s such a common way that Satan attacks people’s lives, I think of it as the master spirit he uses to manipulate people and keep them out of God’s will.”
Being a Christian does not mean we will never experience fear or have worries. The Bible does not ignore this very human emotion. Instead, it offers us an alternative to living in bondage to fear. Are you afraid? Fearful? Worried? Anxious?
You can overcome fear and worry!
Fear seeks to strip us of power, strip us of love and cause us to lose all sense of control of who we are. Fear robs us of our identity in Christ and ultimately causes us to bring down others with us. Because after all, misery loves company.
We must repent of our fears.
Fear is the opposite of faith.
Until we understand that we are an heir of the kingdom, we will continue to live like an orphan. Only orphans live in fear because they have no one to care for them. We are not orphans. This isn’t something we have to strive for. It is ours. We simply have to receive it.
The word repent literally means “change of mind”. The enemy comes with intimidation tactics. Once we stand our ground, he has to flee. It’s time for the sons and daughters of God to take their place and resist the spirit of fear.
Be blessed.
These morning messages are now available by email. Simply write me with you email address at schneider.nick@gmail.com, and I'll be happy to forward them to your in-box. Also, all of the photos in my daily blog are for sale. Contact me for pricing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pray with expectancy

  Note - For the next several days I will be off the grid with no Internet or phone service. I will resume my morning writings on Monday.  ...