Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Do what The Word says

Greetings:
This is a subject I've written about before, but it's heavy on my heart this morning so I want to share my thoughts.
How many times have we said, even cried out to God, ‘What do You want me to do? If you just show me, I’ll do it.
I've lost count of the number of times I spoke to God in this way, but despite my pleading he did not give me a specific task or job to do other than writing about my Word and the use of my God-given talents.
I've tried to do that in the last 11 months or so with daily message blog and many months have included photos that I have taken.
I have been blessed with compliments many times and learned through the tracking statistics that this blog has been viewed by individuals from 11 foreign countries aside from those in the United States.
I sincerely thank God for using me in this way.
On recent day when I was struggled to come up with a topic to write about I again prayed to God, “What do you want me to do?”
I was led to John 6:28-29 (Amplified Bible), which tells of the crowds of people questioning Jesus about doing the works of God.
“They then said, What are we to do, that we may [habitually] be working the works of God? [What are we to do to carry out what God requires?]
Jesus replied, This is the work (service) that God asks of you: that you believe in the One Whom He has sent [that you cleave to, trust, rely on, and have faith in His Messenger].”

His answer is so simple – believe in Him!
These words from Jesus hit me between the eyes and reminded me that we are ‘human beings’ not ‘human doings’. It’s not what we do, it’s who we are and what we believe in our hearts that is important to God.
Look at Hosea 6:6, “For I desire and delight in dutiful steadfast love and goodness, not sacrifice, and the knowledge of and acquaintance with God more than burnt offerings.”
Jesus himself quoted this scripture to the Pharisees when they asked why He ate with tax collectors and sinners in Matthew 9:10-13.
In Matthew 25:35-36 Jesus gives us our mission, our task for each day when he tells the parable about the sheep and the goats and describes the mercy we can all do every day. By doing these things for others Jesus said that we do them for Him.
The scripture reads: “For I was hungry and you gave Me food, I was thirsty and you gave Me something to drink, I was a stranger and you brought Me together with yourselves and welcomed and entertained and lodged Me, I was naked and you clothed Me, I was sick and you visited Me with help and ministering care, I was in prison and you came to see Me.”
Does anything else need to be said? That's my mission. That's your mission. Let's get on with God work and be the Word in action.
Be blessed.

These morning messages are now available by email. Simply write me with you email address at schneider.nick@gmail.com, and I'll be happy to forward them to your in-box. Also, all of the photos in my daily blog are for sale. Contact me for pricing.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Pray with expectancy

  Note - For the next several days I will be off the grid with no Internet or phone service. I will resume my morning writings on Monday.  ...