Friday, August 10, 2018

God is our power source

Greetings:
So many times we pray for God to strengthen us. Over and over we call out to him to make us stronger, but we still fail and fail and fail.
Does that sound like something you have prayed?
I have.
Then it hits me and my eyes are opened. I’m praying for the wrong thing. Instead of asking for God to strengthen me, I need to be praying for God to be my strength, the source of my power, my faith.
Look at 2 Corinthians 12:9-10 NLT and you'll get a better perspective of what I mean from the words of Paul.
He writes: “Each time he said, 'My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness.' So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses so that the power of Christ can work through me. That’s why I take pleasure in my weaknesses, and in the insults, hardships, persecutions, and troubles that I suffer for Christ. For when I am weak, then I am strong.”
God's power is made perfect in our weakness.
That means instead of asking God to remove the things that plague us – our pride, our laziness, our fears, maybe we should be praying for God to be our strength in all these things.
We need to stop asking for Him to make us different than we are. Stop trying to be something we are not. Stop pleading for Him to take away all of our  “thorns”
We need to understand we are insufficient, but His grace is sufficient. We are weak and God's power is made perfect in that weakness.
We want to hide our problems, fix them and then celebrate our victories. Instead, we need to boast gladly of our weakness.
Trying to make ourselves spiritually strong only leads to fatigue, frustration, and doubt, yet Christ’s unending power rests in us.
God's power and strength never grow dim and never needs to be recharged. We do.
Sometimes the strongest among us are the ones who smile through the silent pain, cry behind closed doors, and fight battles that nobody knows about.
In Deuteronomy 31:6 we read “So be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid and do not panic before them. For the Lord, your God will personally go ahead of you. He will neither fail you nor abandon you.”
God's shines in our times of weakness.
Be blessed.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Pray with expectancy

  Note - For the next several days I will be off the grid with no Internet or phone service. I will resume my morning writings on Monday.  ...