Sunday, August 19, 2018

Our Father loves us

Greetings:
When I reflect on the love of our Father for each of us, I continue to be in awe and my spirit is uplifted.
Troubles that I may be facing at the time suddenly seem to be of little importance in light of this awesome truth.
Look at Ephesians 3:18-20 (Amplified Bible) to better understand this love that our Father God has for us.
It reads: “That you may have the power and be strong to apprehend and grasp with all the saints [God’s devoted people, the experience of that love] what is the breadth and length and height and depth [of it];
[That you may really come] to know [practically, through experience for yourselves] the love of Christ, which far surpasses mere knowledge [without experience]; that you may be filled [through all your being] unto all the fullness of God [may have the richest measure of the divine Presence, and become a body wholly filled and flooded with God Himself]!
Now to Him Who, by (in consequence of) the [action of His] power that is at work within us, is able to [carry out His purpose and] do superabundantly, far over and above all that we [dare] ask or think [infinitely beyond our highest prayers, desires, thoughts, hopes, or dreams].”
Think for a moment about your highest prayers, desires, thoughts, hopes, and dreams, our Father is able to do above all of those things.
Sometimes we struggle with a sense of need for spiritual motivation. So we are asking ourselves, "How can I do better? How can I motivate myself really to do what I know I ought to do?"
The answer is to meditate on the vast love of God the Father for each of us. It is similar to the love of an earthly father - only greater
Our Father God has picked us up, cleaned us up and presented us worthy as forgiven sinners when we didn't deserve a thing. He sent his son Jesus to walk among us to die on a cross to forgive of our sins and the sins of all generations in the future. He was the perfect and lasting sacrifice for you and me.
Is there a better gesture of love?
Be blessed.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Pray with expectancy

  Note - For the next several days I will be off the grid with no Internet or phone service. I will resume my morning writings on Monday.  ...