Friday, September 8, 2017

Getting alone with God

Greetings:
There are times when we just need to get alone with God.
Feeling the presence of God is refreshing, reassuring and a great lift.
My spiritual relief valve or recharge place is grabbing my camera and seeking to capture photographic images of the beautiful countryside that we are blessed with by God's mighty creative hand.
 I look for the things that we see most days, but pass by without much thought. Those are the images I like to record and etch into photos for others to enjoy.
I do this from the windows of my car or just sitting peacefully on my deck.
I look for birds, animals, flowers, clouds, sunrises and sunset. I look at the trees  to see artistic formations. I look for the beauty of light and to see how it illuminates our countryside and a majestic way.
I look for the smiles of nature that gracefully gives us things that money can never buy.

We so blessed to live in an area where the work of God's majestic work is abound.
We can see it on sunny days and cloudy ones. We can see it in the morning, at mid-day, in the afternoon, at sunset and in the evening when sunshine gives way to bright stars and the illumination of the moon.
Look at Psalms 19:1-6 (NLT). It reads: “The heavens proclaim the glory of God. The skies display his craftsmanship. Day after day they continue to speak; night after night they make him known. They speak without a sound or word;  their voice is never heard. Yet their message has gone throughout the earth, and their words to all the world. God has made a home in the heavens for the sun. It bursts forth like a radiant bridegroom after his wedding. It rejoices like a great athlete eager to run the race. The sun rises at one end of the heavens  and follows its course to the other end. Nothing can hide from its heat.”
The splendor and beauty that I'm talking about is not difficult to find. It's a place to get alone for that prayer time, that time of reflection and personal mediation.
The Gospels give a clear record of the priority Jesus gave to prayer and being alone with His Father.
One example is in Mark 1:35 (NIV), which reads: “Very early in the morning, while it was still dark, Jesus got up, left the house and went off to a solitary place, where he prayed.”
In my secret place I find joy and immense satisfaction, It's a place for me to know God's closeness, to hear His voice and sense His smile.

It's all priceless.
Be blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pray with expectancy

  Note - For the next several days I will be off the grid with no Internet or phone service. I will resume my morning writings on Monday.  ...