Thursday, March 6, 2014

This is the day the Lord has made

Greetings:
This is the day the Lord had made let us be glad and rejoice in it.
Many of us have heard that phrase before, but do we believe it? Do we practice it? Do we believe it down in our hearts? Can other people see it?
On this day let us examine the person that we reflect to others. Let us be aware that many others – even non-Christians are watching us very closely.
I've heard that we are the best Bible that some people will ever see. Think about that.
People look at us as Christians and their perception of what it is like to walk with God is projected in how we talk and act.
I, like many others, fall short in this area all too often. My heart knows and my mind knows, but sometimes our heart and mind seem not to be connected to what comes out of our mouth or the actions that we take. For that, I am truly sorry.
The Word of God commands us to be Christ-like.
1 John 2:6 (New Living Translation) reads: “Those who say they live in God should live their lives as Jesus did.”
That seems like a daunting task, but if we read God's Word, learn God's Word and get God's Word down in our hearts and ask for God's help it is possible.
This morning I am reminded of  Isaiah 11:2 (New Living Translation) which reads, “The Spirit of the Lord will rest on him-- the Spirit of wisdom and of understanding, the Spirit of counsel and of might, the Spirit of the knowledge and fear of the Lord.
That should be our daily prayer as we arise and go about our daily duties.
On this day, my prayer for each who read this is to be blessed and given the knowledge that we are commanded to be Christ-like in our dealings with others. Let the love of Christ shine brightly today.
This is the day the Lord has made, let us be truly be glad and rejoice in it. Let us each be a blessing to someone today.
These morning messages are now available by email. Simply write me with you email address at schneider.nick@gmail.com, and I'll be happy to forward them to your in-box. Also, all of the photos in my blog are for sale. Contact me for pricing.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Pray with expectancy

  Note - For the next several days I will be off the grid with no Internet or phone service. I will resume my morning writings on Monday.  ...